There are many programs that can be used to open files on a computer. Some are better than others. Better Open With is a program that can help you find the best program to open a file with. It can also help you find the program that you need to open a file with.
The latest Better Open With for PC has come up with a few updates that are better than the previous version. Want to know about these updates? Here they are:
Better Open With ANDROID App Summary
Giorgi Dalakishvili has developed the Better Open With for Android. You can find it under the Productivity category on Play Store. Since its inception, Better Open With has got over 362215+ users on board. For the user rating, it is currently holding a 4.1 rating and the latest version of it is 1.4.15
The latest update of Better Open With is Sunday, January 31, 2021 for phones. You can’t use it on your PC directly. So, you have to use an Android emulator like BlueStacks Emulator, Memu Emulator, Nox Player Emulator, etc.
No worries, we will discuss the methods to run it on your computer using the emulators whether you use a PC or Mac. Follow the methods we’ve discussed below.
Better Open With App Overview and Details
With so many cool Android apps, Better Open With saves you the hassle of having to choose only one default app handler when you click a filetype, and without having to choose between “only once” and “always”!
Created to mimic Android’s default “Complete action using” dialog, Better Open With shows you a visually similar popup screen when you choose to open a link, an image, a PDF or any other filetype – listing all possible app handlers as you normally see.
What’s different is that you only see the popup dialogue for a few seconds (5 seconds by default, but customizable), allowing you to choose an app handler if you want, after which it will automagically open it with your preferred app!
Unlike other similar apps, you just wait for your preferred app handler to launch (no clicks necessary), or choose a different app in the meantime. Just set Better Open With as your default handler for the filetypes you want, and let it work for you!
Personalize how you want to view the Better Open With popup screen!
• Choose between grid and list view
• Set text size, show only icon (no text) and other options
• Light and Dark themes available
• more options to follow!
Better Open With is handy if:
• you switch between browsers, but usually have one preferred app;
• you prefer using one app to view your PDFs, photos and other files, but sometimes use another app to edit them;
• you usually want video links to open with a player, but sometimes you want to open them with an app that lets you download the file, and maybe yet another that will Chromecast it;
Better Open With is completely free, and no ads! No permissions requested!
It started off as a little side project, inspired by a reddit post by reddit’s oroboros74 at http://www.reddit.com/comments/24okaq/what_apps_would_you_like_to_have_that_dont_exist/ch96jid. Since we think others might enjoy it, we’re making it available to everyone!
Future releases will include:
• support for more filetypes!
• sort apps in list (alphabetical-default, manual, chronological)
• create “sessions”, allowing to choose a different, temporary preferred app (for next X clicks, next X minutes)
• translations (translators wanted!)
• suggestions from you, the user!
Email the developer at [email protected] if you have any question, suggestion or want to contribute.
Suggest new features or vote for existing suggestions at https://betteropenwith.uservoice.com/
Features of Better Open With for PC
1. Better Open With allows you to choose more than one default app for a given file type.
2. It integrates with your existing Android apps and provides a streamlined way to manage defaults.
3. It makes it easy to open files with the app of your choice, whether you’re using a phone or tablet.
4. It supports a wide range of file types, including popular ones like PDFs, images, and videos.
5. It’s free to download and use, and it doesn’t require any special permissions.
6. It’s available in both English and Spanish.
7. It’s been featured on popular Android blogs and websites.
8. It has a 4.5-star rating on Google Play.
9. It was recently updated to support Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
10. It’s developed by a team of experienced Android app developers.
Install “Better Open With” on PC: Windows 10/8/7 & Mac
Installing Better Open With on your PC isn’t that difficult if you use NOX app player on your computer. It’s one of the most popular Android emulators you can use today. Let’s get you through the process of how to install Better Open With on your PC using NOX:
- First off, you need to download the NOX player on your computer from here and install it by double clicking the installer.
- The installation will take a few minutes depending on how fast your PC is. Then, click on launch and run the emulator.
- Inside the emulator, you can see the Google Play store icon on the top right corner area. Click on it.
- The Play Store will ask you to log into your account. Here, use your Google email and password to log in.
- Then, you can see the play store interface. On the search bar, you need to type Better Open With and hit enter to search for it.
- Once the results come up, you can see the Better Open With as the first result. Hit install under this result and it will download and install on your PC.
- After installation, you can launch the app from the shortcut button or directly from the Play store form the Open button.
|App Name:||Better Open With On Your PC|
|Developer Name:||Giorgi Dalakishvili|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||Sunday, January 31, 2021|
|Get it On:|
Whats New In this Better Open With?
Prevent Opera Beta from appearing twice in popup and settings.
Fixed crash occurring for some users.
Updated email address for feedback.
This is a great application for those who want to have more control over their computer’s opening applications and files. It is simple to use and effective. Overall, this is a great tool for anyone who wants to be more organized and in control of their computer.
So, did you find the guide on how to download the Better Open With for PC above? If you did, or if you have any questions regarding it, do comment and let us know. We’re here to help.
Recent Better Open With Reviews
Perfect. Thank you for spending your time fixing what Android developers couldn’t bother to!
Absolutely loving the app found it after Android 12 update, only problem I can find is when opening a Amazon link in a browser I get the open in the Amazon app selection but when I click it it just reloads the menu. Other than that it’s great 👍
Works great. The only improvement it needs is the UI. Design looks cheap.
not what i was looki’g for
It would be nice if the app followed the system theme instead of selecting one by default.
Thanks you’re the best
I really like this app. On my Samsung phone and tablet, both using android 12, I had to do the following to get it to work in the way I was used to from my old device… Settings > apps > Better Open With > defaults. Then change default browser app to Better Open With Repeat above for Chrome and DuckDuckGo Settings > apps > Google > defaults Then, under Set as default, toggle off Open supported links. Repeat above for Maps Not sure if all the above steps are needed Here we go appears twice
Absolute life saver, brilliant app
We refer the ownership of This Better Open With to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Better Open With and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at Download Apps, we also don’t use our own server to download the Better Open With. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Better Open With.
If you have any query about the app or about Download Apps, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.