Echo Meter Touch is an ultrasonic bat detector which can be used to identify and observe bats in their natural habitat. It uses high frequency sound waves to detect the bat’s echolocation calls and then displays them on a screen in real time. The Echo Meter Touch can also record and store these calls for later analysis.
Before we get to know the steps to download and install the Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector For PC for PC, let’s discuss its technical specifications:
Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector App Overview and Details
Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector App Overview and Details
Using the Echo Meter Touch 2 plug-in modules, available from www.wildlifeacoustics.com, Amazon, or through distributors worldwide, this app allows you to listen to, record, and automatically identify bats by their ultrasonic echolocation calls. The modules and this companion app reveal the silent and often times invisible world of bats, providing outdoor enthusiasts, citizen scientists, and researchers an affordable and informative way to interact with these important creatures.
There are two models available: Echo Meter Touch 2 (EMT2) costs $179 and is intended for nature enthusiasts and batting hobbyists and Echo Meter Touch 2 Pro costs $349 and is designed for bat professionals and features a higher quality microphone, adjustable gain, and higher sample rate.
The Echo Meter Touch Ultrasonic Modules sense ultrasonic signals, digitize the signal, and transmit the ultrasonic data to your the app on your Android device. The EMT2 offers exclusive features and unprecedented ease-of-use for a handheld bat detector.
LISTEN TO BAT’S ECHOLOCATIONS
EMT2 translates bat echolocations into frequencies that are audible to humans using two technologies. Wildlife Acoustics’ patented Real Time Expansion (RTE) allows you to listen to bats in real time with unparalleled fidelity. RTE maintains the timing and tonality of the original echolocations. Heterodyne (HET) listening via manual and automatic tuning is also available, for those accustomed to that way of hearing bats.
VIEW THE ECHOLOCATIONS ON A SPECTROGRAM
A real-time spectrogram shows the frequencies and timing of the echolocations. Scroll back in time and zoom in on previous “bat passes.”
SEE MOST LIKELY BAT SPECIES IN REAL-TIME***
The Auto ID feature analyzes the echolocation calls and suggests the two most likely bat species matches in real time. This is the same technology used in our professional Kaleidoscope Pro Bat Auto Identification software. Currently, the app can identify 26 species in North America, 25 in Europe and 57 in the neotropics. For more information on Kaleidoscope and a full list of species, visit our website.
RECORD .WAV FILES
Activate triggered recording mode to automatically save bat passes to full spectrum .wav files for analysis on a computer or to view on your Android device. Or use manual record mode to control start and stop of recording. View the recording spectrogram and add voice or text notes. Listen to the recording using RTE, HET, or traditional Time Expansion Playback (playback at fractional speed to make the ultrasound audible).
SEE YOUR PATH AND RECORDING LOCATIONS
View in satellite or road map view. View identified species codes directly on the map. Go to the recording’s spectrogram from the map view. Transfer to your computer to view in Google Earth. Your Android device must have GPS capability or you must use a Bluetooth GPS receiver for this functionality.
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.*
TRANSFER RECORDINGS TO YOUR COMPUTER
The EMT2 can transfer the .wav recordings to your computer over a Wi-Fi network or cabled through iTunes. Using Wi-Fi, the app bundles the recordings in a .zip folder and allows download by entering a URL in any web browser.
SHARE RECORDINGS VIA EMAIL OR MMS MESSAGING
And import and open files that have been shared with you.
***Because bats vary their echolocation calls in response to a wide variety of needs, no automated identification can achieve 100% accuracy in species identification. Auto-ID, though largely accurate, should not be relied on as a basis for scientific research. Auto-ID is intended for use in analyzing recordings of single bats in free flight in low clutter environments. Auto-ID will not work well on recordings of roost emergence, multiple or captive bats, bats in high clutter environments, or bat social calls. Auto-ID does not include every possible bat for each of the covered regions.
Download & Install Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector For PC: Windows 10/8/7
To install the Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector on your Windows computer, you will need to install an Android emulator first. Let’s see how to get this done in a few minutes:
- The first thing you’ll do is download the Memu emulator on your computer. You will find it in your Downloads folder.
- Installing it may take longer if your PC has less power. A powerful PC makes the installation faster. Just double click on the file and accept the installation.
- Decline the additional app installations, click on finish, and the Memu emulator will launch on your computer.
- Play store is pre-installed in Memu, and you’ll see it right after the installation is done. Open it up by double clicking.
- Log into your Play store account with email and password, then search for the Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector on the search bar.
- From the search results, click on your desired Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector result and click on the install button to start the download process.
- Now, wait a while and the Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector will be installed on your PC and emulator with a shortcut button to both.
- Run the Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector with the shortcut icon. Congratulations, you’ve successfully installed and ran the Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector on your PC.
|App Name:||Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector On Your PC|
|Developer Name:||Wildlife Acoustics, Inc.|
|Updated on:||Tuesday, October 4, 2022|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Category:||Books & Reference|
|Get it On:|
Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector ANDROID App Summary
Wildlife Acoustics, Inc. is the developer of this Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector application. It is listed under the Books & Reference category in the Play Store. There are currently more than 72955+ users of this app. The Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector app rating is currently 2.8.16.
It was last updated on Tuesday, October 4, 2022. Since the app cannot be used directly on PC, you must use any Android emulator such as BlueStacks Emulator, Memu Emulator, Nox Player Emulator, etc. We have discussed how to run this app on your PC, mac, or Windows with this emulator in this article.
Features of Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector for PC
1. Echo Meter Touch 2 plug-in modules are available from www.wildlifeacoustics.com, Amazon, or your local retailer.
2. Modules fit securely into the Echo Meter Touch 2 unit via the provided SD card slot.
3. Modules are easy to install and remove, and require no external power source.
4. Modules provide high-quality audio recording and playback, and allow for real-time monitoring of wildlife sounds.
5. Modules can be used to record and playback sounds from a variety of wildlife species, including birds, amphibians, and mammals.
6. Modules can be used in a variety of settings, including in the field, in the lab, or in the classroom.
7. Modules are durable and weather-resistant, and can withstand a variety of conditions.
8. Modules are backed by a one-year warranty.
9. Wildife Acoustics offers a variety of other plug-in modules, including the Echo Meter Touch 2 Ultra and the Echo Meter Touch 2 Micro.
10. Modules are also available for the original Echo Meter Touch.
Whats New In this Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector?
+Improves SD card performance for compatibility with more cards.
+Several crash and bug fixes.
Echo Meter Touch is an app that turns your smartphone into a professional bat detector. It is easy to use and can be used by anyone, even if you are not a professional bat researcher. The app is accurate and can help you identify different species of bats.
This concludes our article on Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector Download for PC. Please let us know if you have any questions or have issues installing Emulators or Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector for Windows. Glad to help you out!
Recent Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector Reviews
Doesn’t seem to work with OnePlus 3. Have tried troubleshooting. Frustrating.
Night one : I’ve been out most nights this week watching badgers aware that bats are about… This hardware has revealed just how many there are. Proper eye (ear?) opening stuff.
Really amazing app really true
Previous version worked well, new update is slow and crashes
Hardware works well but there seems to be some interference and I can’t work out where and what it might be. I am still discovering features as it is early days. Love the auto identification.
Very buggie to the point of almost unusable. Lots of crashes during survey. Lenovo tab M10 hd, noticed this is not on your compatible list of devices. Wish I had seen this before buying module and tablet. Will there be an update to the app for this device? Currently (June 2022) support are helping via email to find a work around to get module working with my tablet.
Nice app, easy to use
The module is not being recognised by the app on oneplus 10 pro.
We refer the ownership of This Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at Download Apps, we also don’t use our own server to download the Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Echo Meter Touch Bat Detector.
If you have any query about the app or about Download Apps, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.